Saturday, December 15, 2007

Coming very soon

Hello everyone! I hope that everyone has had a good week so far. It has been a good one for me and I have enjoyed it. Why the topic "coming very soon"? Well, you're about to find out in this post.

Coming in the next few days, some more classic Knoxville radio clips are going to be posted. Some highlights includes a Colvin Idol newsbreak he did on WIMZ from 1986 and a clip of Shotgun Stevens with Danny The Geek from 1985. That clip of Danny the Geek and Shotgun has to be the funniest clip I have ever heard. Another highlight has to be a jingle for WMYU-FM 102.1 from 1986 when they were U-102.

I have already put the clips onto Esnips and sometime on Saturday night or Sunday, I will post the links to the airchecks for anyone who wants to hear those airchecks.

And that's not all, you will also hear a classic aircheck of Ashley Adams, the current morning DJ doing an afternoon shift on WLIQ-AM 1340 from 1988. For those who do not know this or for many of you who know, WLIQ-AM 1340 was known as "13Q" and played oldies at the time.

These airchecks come to us from Chad Austin so thanks to Chad for these wonderful airchecks.

Also, don't forget to check out my favorite website I visit everyday called "Knoxville Radio History 101". The site features lots of good pictures and lots of interesting information.

The site is located at http://ktownradio.blogspot.com/ so when you get the chance, don't forget to check it out like I always do everyday.

Keep it here this weekend for new airchecks and lots more on Knoxville Radio History. This is Derrick saying have a good Saturday and keep it right here for more from Knoxville Radio History.

No comments: